Monday, March 3, 2014

Where was I?

When you are really busy it is very hard to maintain a blog, which after all should cover some recent insights and experiences.

Here is why I have been absent for so long.

Some might think I am out of my mind to open another hotel in Sihanoukville. But I did it. It kept me more than busy for the past 4 months. But against all odds I managed to have an existing house remodeled, and 10 new rooms around a swimming pool built in just a little over 3 months. We opened on Jan. 30, just in time for the Chinese New Year. 

Before I had a plan (I published on this blog) to build 10 bungalows at Otres in 3 to 4 months. Everybody said, 'No way.' Well I didn't do it there (it fell through because of some problems of  a personal nature), but I did it here. You can check it out here http://www.the-tamarind.com and even try it out whenever your travel brings you to Sihanoukville. It is a 3-star property with 16 rooms/suites and all amenities. Regular rates are $60 a night, but this being Cambodia, there are always some special offers available. Currently it is 30% off. 

We also rent suites, that is, rooms with a small sitting area, by the month. One suite features a built-in kitchen corner. Rates vary, so get in touch if anybody is interested. So far they have been very popular.

I will post another piece about my experience with local contractors a little later. That surely was no walk in the park, I can tell you that.

No comments:

Visitors